Invisible Braces for the Whole Family in Cameron, NC
Moving teeth into the ideal position for esthetics and function is no longer limited to teens and young adults! It has become increasingly more common for young adults, middle-aged adults and seniors to address tooth alignment concerns now more than ever before, thanks largely to a technology called Invisalign!
Traditional silver brackets, orthodontic wire and elastics is no longer the only method of aligning teeth. With Invisalign, an upper and lower tray is worn for roughly 3-4 weeks before switching to the next successive set of trays. Each set of trays moves the teeth a small amount until the teeth are aligned. Once the end result is achieved, a final set of retainer trays are worn nightly to prevent the teeth from shifting back to the position they were in before treatment began.
Invisalign – A “braceless” alternative to traditional metal braces!
It is possible to have a straighter, healthier smile without all the traditional metal wires and bands that often go along with braces! At Cameron Family Dentistry, we can create a new “dream” smile for those who never thought it was possible. Both Dr. Galatas and Dr. Connell are certified Invisalign providers, giving patients a “clearly” effective and incredibly comfortable alternative to wearing the traditional brackets associated with braces!
Contact our office today to schedule a complimentary Invisalign consultation to if Invisalign is viable option, the number of aligners it would take to treat a particular case and the cost associated with treatment. Ask about our Invisalign promotions as well. Many people are pleasantly surprised with how affordable obtaining the smile they have often thought about having “one day” actually is!
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign uses a series of customized, clear aligners to straighten teeth faster and with fewer office visits than traditional braces. Thousands of orthodontists in the United States and Canada use Invisalign to accurately and effectively treat their patients. Invisalign aligners are:
- Predominantly invisible – Invisalign aligners cannot be seen while you are wearing them! Friends, family members and co-workers may never even know the aligners are being worn unless they are told!
- Comfortable to wear – The aligners are made from a special plastic that has smooth, rounded edges so they won’t irritate the gums, cheeks and surrounding tissues like traditional braces often can.
- Completely Customized – Invisalign aligners are customized to fit to each person’s mouth. Cameron Family Dentistry uses advanced 3-D computer imaging technology to replicate an exact impression of the dental arches. This 3-D CAD-CAM scan is sent electronically to Invisalign where the trays are individually made for a custom treatment plan to move the teeth into the proper position.
- Removable – Unlike traditional metal braces, the aligners can be removed to eat, drink, brush and floss or for special occasions such as senior pictures, family photos or professional headshots. There is NO need to make any lifestyle modifications with Invisalign!
- Effective – A significant difference will be noticed even before the treatment is complete! Most treatments are completed within one year, however this can vary from patient to patient.
Why Consider Invisalign
People everywhere are beginning to experience the benefits of Invisalign as an alternative to braces. Here’s why people are choosing Invisalign over traditional orthodontic braces:
- Most of the time, Invisalign a straight, healthy smile can be achieved just like with traditional braces but without all the noticeable wires and brackets.
- Invisalign aligners are removable, making it easy enjoy the same foods without worrying about breaking or bending brackets and wires.
- Unlike traditional braces, the Invisalign aligners can be removed to brush and floss regularly.
- No lifestyle modifications are necessary! With Invisalign, day-to-day activities can continue without changing a thing. Invisalign is great for professionals, athletes, brides, and parents.
- Office visits and checkups are easy, quick, and painless. Fewer appointments are required throughout the entire treatment phase!
How Does Invisalign Work?
Two to three sets of custom made clear aligners will be received at the beginning of the treatment phase. Each set of aligners is worn for roughly two weeks and the next successive set of aligners is worn to continue straightening the teeth. Changes in tooth position will be apparent throughout the progression of aligners and in just a few months, a straighter, healthier smile will be achieved!
For more information in this exciting technology, click this link.